Table of Contents
Discover the hottest news: Shell’s $6.2B record profit! Find the Shell near me station now amidst soaring oil prices. Fuel your curiosity today!
Shell, a large oil and gas company, reported high profits, boosted by rebounding crude oil.
Reported by the energy giant, the earnings were at $6.2bn (£5.1bn) compared with a relatively weaker result in the former period.
However, during the same period, profits dropped from 9.4 billion dollars as compared to 2021, due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine that led to an increase in fuel prices.
Today oil prices are slightly lower but they have been rising in the recent past.
This is mostly as a result of production cuts by member countries of the Opec+ oil producing countries to uphold the market.
The bank stated, earlier this week, that the rise of crude’s per barrel prices to $150 might stem from the Middle East conflict ($85, now).
Moreover, Shell reported a 23 percent increase in its profit over the last three months compared to the last quarter.
This said that it gained more from increased oil prices while extracting more oil and gas, and earning more from refining and gas trading.
Prices of oil rose last year only to recede earlier this year resulting into reduced earnings for energy companies.
However, it is true that the price for crude oil has started to grow again since the production cuts in the summer.
This decision came from the members of Opec+ who were led by Saudi Arabia and Russia due to their fears of waning global demand.
Moscow also attributed western “interference with market dynamics”, after they had enforced a ceiling on Russian oil following the Ukrainian invasion.
It has resulted in increase in the prices of petrol, adversely affecting drivers on the highways.
Afterward, Shell promised to remit $3.5bn back to the shareholders using the stock market.. The company will in general pay out $23bn cash shareholder dividends this year.
Jonathan Noronha-Gant was critical of the payouts, working for the Global Witness climate campaign group.
It’s worth stating that among the largest beneficiaries of the war in Ukraine and world disruptions are Shell’s shareholders, he said.
In the middle of this mayhem in the market for fossils, Shell is making huge amounts. But instead of putting the additional money into clean energy options, they have increased their oil and gas output, and divided the additional money between shareholders.
Greenpeace campaigner Charlie Kronick said: Americans become fed up when they see oil barons pretend to be concerned about humanity. They slash job cuts and investments in green energy as well as pump more funds towards dividends, share repurchases, and development of fossils fuel operations.
Shell’s boss, Wael Sawan who assumed office in January altered the strategy that would mainly concentrate on oil and gas. He also declared intentions to get rid of 15% of staff operating in Shell’s low carbon solutions segment.
It also refused to give additional information about that.
How to find shell Near me
To find a shell near you, you can follow these steps:
- Use a Search Engine:
- Open your preferred web browser.
- In the search bar, type “Shell gas station near me” or “Shell petrol station near me” and press Enter.
- Use a Maps Application:
- Open a maps application on your smartphone or computer (e.g., Google Maps, Apple Maps, etc.).
- In the search bar, type “Shell” and press Enter or tap the search icon.
- Ask a Voice Assistant (if available):
- If you have a voice assistant like Siri (on Apple devices), Google Assistant (on Android devices), or Amazon Alexa (on supported devices), you can simply say, “Find me the nearest Shell gas station.”
- Check the Official Website:
- You can also visit the official Shell website and use their station locator tool. Go to the Shell website and look for a “Find a Station” or similar option.
- Use a Gas Station Locator App:
- There are various apps available for finding gas stations, including those from major chains like Shell. Examples include GasBuddy, Waze, and Fuel Finder.
- Ask Locals or Use Social Media:
- You can ask locals or use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or community forums for recommendations on where to find a Shell gas station nearby.
Shell gas station In USA
With more than 12,000 outlets in all 50 states, Shell gas stations are a familiar sight throughout the United States. Convenience store supplies and a range of fuel options, such as diesel, gasoline, and LPG, are available.
Convenient locations and vivid yellow and red branding are two characteristics of Shell gas stations. They are simple to find and get to because they are frequently found close to important roads and crossroads.
A lot of Shell gas stations provide additional services including air pumps, tire pressure checks, and car washes in addition to gasoline and convenience shop goods. There might be cafes or restaurants there as well.
Shell gas stations are a well-liked option for drivers because they provide a dependable and easy way to refuel as well as additional amenities.
Here are some of the most popular Shell gas stations in the USA:
- Shell Station on I-40 in Memphis, Tennessee: This station is located near the Memphis International Airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a car wash, air pumps, and a convenience store.
- Shell Station on the Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica, California: This station is located in a popular tourist area and offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Shell Station on the George Washington Bridge in New York City: This station is located on one of the busiest bridges in the world and offers convenient access to fuel and other services for commuters.
Whether you are traveling across the country or just running errands in your local neighborhood, you are likely to find a Shell gas station nearby.