PortfolioDay is a quarterly event that takes place on social media, specifically on Twitter. It is a chance for creative professionals to share their work and connect with potential clients. The event was created in 2015 by artist and designer, Ryan Lang.
To participate in Portfolio Day, creative professionals simply need to post a link to their portfolio on Twitter using the hashtag #PortfolioDay. This could be a link to their website, a Behance portfolio, or a Dribbble profile. They can also include images or videos of their work in the tweet.
Clients who are looking for creative talent can use the #PortfolioDay hashtag to find artists who match their needs. They can then reach out to the artists directly to discuss potential projects.
Portfolio Day is a great way for creative professionals to get their work seen by potential clients. It is also a great way to connect with other creative professionals and build relationships.
The next Portfolio Day will be held on Tuesday, July 11, 2023.
Here are some tips for participating in Portfolio Day:
- Make sure your portfolio is up-to-date and showcases your best work.
- Use relevant hashtags to help people find your work.
- Be active on Twitter during Portfolio Day and engage with other users.
- Follow up with potential clients who show interest in your work.
Why celebrate PortfolioDay
There are many reasons why creative professionals celebrate Portfolio Day. Here are a few of the most common reasons:
- To get their work seen by potential clients. Portfolio Day is a great way to get your work in front of people who are looking for creative talent. By posting your portfolio on Twitter and using the #PortfolioDay hashtag, you can make sure that your work is seen by a large audience of potential clients.
- To connect with other creative professionals. Portfolio Day is also a great way to connect with other creative professionals. By participating in the event, you can meet other artists, designers, and other creatives who share your interests. This can lead to collaboration opportunities, new friendships, and even job opportunities.
- To celebrate their creativity. Portfolio Day is a great way to celebrate your creativity and the work that you do. By sharing your portfolio with the world, you can show off your skills and talents and inspire others to be creative as well.
Overall, Portfolio Day is a great way for creative professionals to get their work seen, connect with other creatives, and celebrate their creativity. If you’re a creative professional, I encourage you to participate in Portfolio Day next time it rolls around.
Here are some additional benefits of participating in Portfolio Day:
- You can get feedback on your work from other creative professionals.
- You can learn about new opportunities and trends in the creative industry.
- You can build your portfolio and online presence.
- You can connect with potential clients and collaborators.
If you’re looking for a way to showcase your work, connect with other creatives, and grow your career, Portfolio Day is a great event to participate in.
PortfolioDay who done event
portfolioDay 2023 was organized by Ryan Lang, the same person who created the event in 2015. It was held on Tuesday, July 11, 2023, on Twitter. The event was a success, with over 10,000 creative professionals sharing their portfolios and connecting with potential clients.
Here are some of the highlights of PortfolioDay 2023:
- Over 10,000 creative professionals shared their portfolios on Twitter.
- The event was trending on Twitter throughout the day.
- Many creative professionals reported getting new clients and collaborators as a result of the event.
- The event was praised by many creative professionals as a great way to showcase their work and connect with others.
If you missed PortfolioDay 2023, don’t worry! The event is held four times a year, on the second Tuesday in January, April, July, and October. You can find more information about the event on the PortfolioDay website.