Father’s Day 2023
Father’s Day is a holiday honoring fathers and father figures around the world. It is celebrated on the third Sunday of June in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and many other countries.
The holiday was first celebrated in Spokane, Washington, in 1910, when Sonora Smart Dodd, a young woman who had lost her mother at a young age, wanted to honor her father, William Jackson Smart. She felt that fathers deserved a special day to be celebrated, just as mothers did.
The first Fathers Day was a small event, with just a few people attending. However, the holiday quickly gained popularity, and by the 1920s, it was being celebrated all over the United States.
In 1966, President Lyndon B. Johnson officially proclaimed the third Sunday of June as The Day. And in 1972, President Richard Nixon signed a bill making Fathers Day a national holiday.
Today, Fathers Day is a popular holiday, with many people celebrating their fathers with gifts, cards, and other expressions of love and appreciation.
Here are some ideas for how you can celebrate Father’s Day:
- Give him a gift. There are many different types of gifts that you can give your father, from practical items like tools or gadgets to more sentimental gifts like personalized jewelry or framed photos.
- Spend time with him. One of the best ways to show your father how much you care is to spend time with him. Go for a walk, play a game, or just sit and talk.
- Cook him a meal. If you’re a good cook, why not surprise your father with a home-cooked meal? He’s sure to appreciate the effort.
- Write him a letter. Take some time to write your father a letter expressing your love and appreciation for him. He’ll cherish this gift for years to come.
No matter how you choose to celebrate Fathers Day, make sure to let your father know how much you love and appreciate him. He deserves it!
Here are some additional facts about Fathers Day:
- The most popular gift for Fathers Day is a tie.
- The second most popular gift is a card.
- The third most popular gift is a gift certificate.
- The average American spends $125 on Father’s Day gifts.
- The most popular Father’s Day activities include grilling, fishing, and watching sports.
- The most popular Father’s Day foods include burgers, hot dogs, and steaks.
Does fathers day have an apostrophe
According to most style guides, including the Associated Press Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style, Father’s Day does not have an apostrophe. This is because the holiday is named after fathers in general, not after a specific father. The apostrophe is used to indicate possession, and in this case, there is no possession involved.
However, there is some variation in how the holiday is spelled. Some people do use an apostrophe, and this is not considered incorrect. Ultimately, the best way to spell Father’s Day is the way that you feel most comfortable with.
Will father’s day ever be on june 23
Father’s Day will never be on June 23rd. Father’s Day is always celebrated on the third Sunday of June in the United States and many other countries. This means that it can fall on any date between June 18th and June 26th. In 2023, Father’s Day will be on June 18th.
The reason why Father’s Day is always celebrated on the third Sunday of June is because it was originally started by Sonora Smart Dodd, a woman who wanted to honor her father, William Jackson Smart. She wanted to choose a date that would be easy for all fathers to celebrate, regardless of their work schedule. The third Sunday of June was chosen because it was a time when most fathers would be free to spend time with their families.
Since Father’s Day is always celebrated on the third Sunday of June, it is impossible for it to ever be on June 23rd.